Damn Hot ChiliTurkey or beef chili with a decent enough kick
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 70 mins | Makes: ~8 servings
Prep that shit
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 kg (2 lb) ground turkey or beef
- 2 jalepeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes, or 2 to 3 diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 15 oz cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 14 oz cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons 100% cacao (baker's chocolate)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Let's fucking do it
- In a large dutch oven or soup pot, add oil, garlic and onions. Sauté over medium heat until onion is tender, around 5 minutes or so.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add ground turkey or beef. Cook until browned, and crumble into small pieces.
- Add jalapeños, bell peppers and diced tomatoes, sauté for about a minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. The chili should ticken, but if it gets too thick, add some more chicken stock.
- Optionally top with green onions, cheese or sour cream (or whatever the hell you want).